At Eastwood Primary School and Nursery we respect every child’s need for, and rights to, an environment where, nurture, safety, praise, recognition and opportunity for taking responsibility are available. Bullying of any kind is unacceptable in our school. Our anti-bullying policy ensures that all our children can learn in a nurturing and safe environment without fear of being bullied. If bullying does occur, all children should be able to tell and know that incidents will be dealt with promptly and effectively.
We are a TELLING school.
This means that anyone who knows that bullying is happening is expected to tell the staff, parent/carers or a trusted adult. Our aims are
- To promote the well-being of all children.
- To prevent and reduce all forms of bullying.
- To offer an environment free from all forms of abuse.
- To have a consistent approach for dealing with incidents of bullying.
- To promote a whole school approach, where signals and signs are identified and swift and effective action is taken.
- To ensure that all children and staff and parents/carers are aware of this policy and their obligations. A copy of the policies can be found below.
Bullying is if someone does something unkind to you
If someone does bully you, you must